Thursday, February 2, 2012

Silly Generalizations

Everyone my age is arrogant, including me. This is not to say that we don't care about others, cause we do; but we rarely do anything that doesn't SOMEHOW further ourselves in the world. There are two kinds of people, though. There are people who are truly self-centered, who literally always see their own opinion as the better one. There are also people who will actually pay attention to other people's needs if those people concern them. I'm not saying that those people will go out of their way to help people in need all the time, but if these people see someone and can assist without hurting themselves or anyone else too much, they most always will.

I'm not sure which one of these types of people I am. The fact that I'm writing this blog right now, and you the reader (random person who stumbled upon it somehow and doesn't even care) are reading it, means that I am to some extent infatuated with myself. On the other hand, I like to see myself as someone who cares for other people and normally doesn't hesitate to help whenever possible.

Oh well, these are probably just the ignorant ramblings of someone who just took 4 melatonin tablets and really needs his sleep...

- D

2 comments:

  1. I disagree with most of what you've said here. Not everyone your age is arrogant.
    Of course arrogance doesn't mean you don't care about others. But arrogance also has nothing to do with furthering yourself in the world. Arrogance is conceit and pride. Arrogance is being haughty about the most minute things. Most of all, people don't fall into only two categories in this regard.
    People aren't "truly self-centered" OR "at least a little helpful".

    Your blog is nothing but a thrifty conglomeration of your own meaningless thoughts on how important you are. You aren't. Your blog entries verge on insulting. They aren't brazen. They aren't interesting. And unless you reign in your incredible sense of self importance, I will go read another blog. After all, there are plenty to go around.

    ReplyDelete