Monday, April 23, 2012

New Faces

I had a fascinating experience today. I was planning to hang out with someone from my English class to discuss a project to which we were assigned. She is a very attractive girl named Mrika (pretty name). Well we got to talking, and as some conversations unfortunately go, we stumbled upon the topic of religion.

As most of you probably know, I am an atheist, and don't particularly respect religion that much. Mrika, as it turned out, is Catholic. Even though I don't respect religion, she put it in the most amazing way. She talked about how it's hard for her to humble herself and just follow her blind faith toward the religion she believes. She pointed out that the more she learns about science and how the world works, the harder it is to believe in something like religion.

I've had countless arguments with other people on the matter of religion. None, however, actually left me leaving refreshed and more respectful towards the religion. Thanks, Mrika, I hope to get to know you more...

- D

No comments:

Post a Comment