Monday, April 16, 2012

What A Long Strange Trip It's Been

First year of college -- almost over... A lot of memories, a few good friends, some less than adequate grades, but most of all, experience. I know a little bit more about what to expect from people. Nobody really cares about anyone else. They really only care about themselves in the end. Also, there really is no true way to know exactly what a person thinks of you as a person; they will always lie and tell you what they want you to think.

On a completely unrelated note, I have been texting one of my friends from high school recently. It's incredibly refreshing to text her and know that she actually cares about me/won't judge me constantly when I'm with her. I really think I like her, and now realize how much I actually miss her.

I don't think she reads this blog, but I wish she knew how excited I was to see her over the summer; I really want to hang out with her a lot. It's people like that that really give me more hope in people; she makes me wonder whether there are other caring people out there; just like my sister; just genuinely good people who actually look out for your well-being and your feelings every once in a while. I miss my sister as well, living life to the fullest in both New Zealand AND Australia, the lucky SOB.

- D

No comments:

Post a Comment