Saturday, May 5, 2012

Faces

Why is it so difficult for people, including me, to feel a second of vulnerability, or more importantly, self awareness?

When you can look at yourself and actually understand what you're looking at is something that is great. I just find it so difficult to feel that, because I like to think of myself as an enigma, if that makes any sense. It's difficult to feel like an open book, where anyone can take a read and know exactly how you feel.

That's why I try my best to mask myself behind humor and overall insecurity. All of us have something that we hide behind. Whether it's just a wall of silence, or the whole "tough guy" act, we all have two identities.

We are what we show people.

We are what we actually are.

Well, I guess we actually have three; we just haven't admitted the third one to ourselves yet.

- D

3 comments: