Monday, May 14, 2012

Holidays

Yesterday was Mother's Day. That's a ridiculous holiday that has no historical significance whatsoever... I'm not bashing mothers, don't think that I am. My Mom has done everything for me and I thank her for it. I would never be who I am today without her. Holidays, though, like this one, are just flat out ludicrous in the fact that they only exist for companies to sell cards and a breathtaking amount of flowers. What really disgusted me today is when I went to Giant to buy a card. They're so non personal that I couldn't even stand being there.

Other holidays, too; they're all pretty much the same. It's hard to describe, but it just stems off of my hate for the way consumer products are advertised. There's so much fallacy in the way that everything is presented, but everyone, including me, just continues to ignorantly eat it all up.

- D

No comments:

Post a Comment