Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Current Situation

My life has taken a lot of twists and turns over the last summer, as I'm sure a select few of you know. To begin, I am now on two types of psychoactive medication; Lexapro and Wellbutrin. Let me explain what each of those does. The former is one that helps with a certain condition called "dysthymia," or as my physician puts it, "Eeyore syndrome." This condition (which I believe more people suffer from than anyone thinks) makes people very apathetic, much like Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh. The latter, Wellbutrin, is more of just an overall mood enhancer.

Other than that there have been some more noticeable changes to my life. I am only going part-time to school, taking only 6 credits. I have also switched from being a Computer Science major to the more fitting Computer Game Design department, where I have met many a kind soul.

The reason why you haven't heard from me in upwards of two months is that I haven't had access to a computer at home. This has been the most recent and most impacting concern that I am recently facing. It all started when I quit a job that I had at a restaurant after just a few days. There are many sides to this story, and many "reasons" why I did it. I'm not going to get into those...just know that I still do not regret that decision. But I digress...

My parents got extremely mad at me, which I resentfully understand. They decided that I should not be allowed on the computer until I got a job, which I was less than enthusiastic to do, because I wanted more of my focus to be on school and my future. My parents' decision to take me off the computer is one that I will resent for the rest of my life. It has put my life at a standstill for the past two months, with no real way that I can be productive in the areas that I need to. This has lasted until this day... I almost have a good job; a job that I can actually get behind and one that I think will help me a great deal. The job is being a lab monitor in the art building at Mason, which is where Computer Game Design is based. It would be perfect and I should hear within the next few days.

I'm living at home this semester, which is something bittersweet, to say the least. It might become a little irritating having to live with my parents, but I've made it 19 years so far, so I should be able to make a few more. The upside, though, is that there ARE less distractions and a little more subconscious motivation for me to do my work.

That's all I can think of now. I'll try to just keep plugging away, I guess...

- D

No comments:

Post a Comment