Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Revenge of the Nerds

I've always wanted to rave about this, so here goes.

Why the fuck are the words nerd and geek always given a negative connotation... Why is playing certain games or involving yourself with certain activities considered to be uncool behavior and make you rejected by the majority? I don't do many of these things; I like to think that I hang out with people outside of the Internet sometimes...but I know that I have been pinned as a nerd many-a-time.

Why the hell is that a bad thing? Nerds are known to have a higher intelligence and will probably make more money later in life. There is no reason for nerds to be rejected by society and have to hide what they like to do best. If people want to LARP, then they should do it as long as it doesn't bother anyone else or get in the way of their education.

It's ridiculous, our society....

- D

No comments:

Post a Comment